Todd and I are beach lovers...therefore our children are falling in love with it as well. We have started a tradition that will last for many years. Thanks Todd for working hard so the kids and I could stay an extra week while you came home and sweated it out here in the heat!! We love you
Cousin Amy was "AMAZING"! Everyday she would help the kids build some kind of sand castle allowing me the "beached whale" to sit and watch. She won the hearts of so many younger cousins who I'm sure idolize her now for being the "sand castle queen"! Thanks Amy

Despite the fact that I have no pictures of Nicole...she was there she was just never around to be in a picture- she is our most social child earning the nickname of "Social Butterfly" by her 4th grade teacher. This is her with cousins Camille and Emma heading out for a little body surfing.
Gunner loves the ocean!! The first day on the beach he stayed in for 8 solid hours...I'm not kidding!! He got in the ocean every day we were there (except for the two Sundays of coarse) and could stay forever despite the freezing water! The last day he stayed in and boogie boarded by himself for 5 hours- he's a maniac!!
Courtney with cousin Kirkie


The evenings were amazing!! After a fun day in the sun we would unwind to a view like this...I actually took this picture! It was gorgeous
There is a Yacht Club that gathers on Wednesday evenings straight out from our door and Bridget got so excited to see the boats. She would not come in!!! She just keep yelling "see the boats mom...see them" over and over about every minute. I would respond with "yes Bridge I see them" but that was never good enough!! She would yell "look mom look...boats see them" it was so sweet!
See those 3 little heads popping up over the back of the chairs...that's Gunner, Bridget and Courtney in the early evening watching the waves crash on the shore. Something they did often. They would sit there together for 30 minutes or more and just watch in amazement and I would hear "Holy Cow that was a huge one!" or "Wow that one was awesome!" I loved listening to their conversations as much as they loved watching the waves!!
5 comments:
Sounds like a fun 2 weeks! I understand about coming home and being glad to be home, I have not been home for more than a week between all the trips since the beg of May, I am loving all the vacations but am looking forward to getting control of my home life. Hope you are doing well!
JULES!!! Nothing is better than the beach! Looks like you guys had a great time. The wonderful thing about beaching it is you don't have to fix your hair, you just eat and play and nap and read and swim and eat and play and nap and read and....Who takes the big family pic???? Every one looks like they're having a ball! I miss you!
Looks absolutely dreamy. The Farnsworths are looking to rent something like that, is it available for other weeks?
I am impressed with that picture you took of the sunset. It even has a perfectly placed seagull in the corner.
Thanks for the book, I have started it and can't wait to have time at the cabin to finish it.
I'm so glad you had such a great trip. What an amazing crew! I can imagine you loved it but were ready to get back to your own "small" family. It was so fun to see some of them at Legoland. Sorry I missed you! Your pictures are great!
Two weeks at the beach?? Pure heaven!! Your parents have created quite the posterity, that's a grat family picture.
Um...next year can you take me with you?
Post a Comment