Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Halloween was Great!! Todd's family came on Friday morning and celebrated this silly holiday with the kids-they really came for Brody's blessing it just happened to be on Halloween weekend which was a bonus. Eric and his wife Jen were June Carter and Johny Cash, Nicole was a pumpkin, Alex a pirate, Courtney a cute little fairy, Gunner some creepy zombie punk and Bridget a lady bug who was to scared of Gunner to get in the picture.




Carving Pumpkins....


This is my good friend Shaunna Krieg...I met Shaunna about 11 years ago when I moved into my first house. We hadn't moved in yet because we were tearing down wall paper and painting- I was there working when the door bell rang and standing at my door was SHAUNNA!! She's been my dear friend ever since. Gunner was born When Nicole was just 2 and he cried A LOT. Todd was working crazy hours at that time in our life. Shaunna would call and Gunner would be crying and Nicole would be hanging on my leg to read books or lay with her...it would only be seconds before the line was dead and Shaunna was at my door to read bedtime stories to my baby girl and rock her to sleep. That explains why Nicole once wrote a paper about Shaunna when asked to write about her hero. She is dear to our hearts and comes to see us every Halloween- expect for last- but she made up for it this year!! You're the best Shabwan

6 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great blessing to have a Shauna in your life, especially to help you through that rough patch.
It was nice to be able to meet Todd's family.

Elizabeth said...

So fun to see all the pictures! You must be exhausted . . .Halloween, company, and baby blessing too! I hope you are getting some sleep. How great you have such wonderful friends.

Amber and Dallas said...

Happy Happy Halloween! Your kids are darling!!! =) I am laughing at sweet little Bridget... I would be scared too! =) I'm sure you had a very busy weekend. Dallas said it was a beautiful blessing on Sunday. We are sad we missed it! But know that we love you guys!!!

sara said...

love the pictures of the kids and it looks like you had a really nice weekend.

Bowdens said...

The Halloween pictures are too cute! Bridget wore the Ladybug costume!! I was fully expecting to read about Dora...and Gunner is pretty frieky!! I don't think I would stand by him either!

Shabwan said...

Jules...I am honored AND humbled to have a spot on your blog! WOW! I LOVE your kids and YOU too! (Todd too) We do have some great laughs and great visits when they happen...less frequently than they should though! What a great week you had. So glad that little angel is here and all is well. And it'sooo important to have a binki specialist! Good job Bridget. Gunner-quit scaring the girls, Courtney-you're magical, and Nicole-You're so grown up! We'll all hang again soon....minus the face make-up!