
Christmas was wonderful this year, everyone got what they were hoping for from Santa which always makes for a happy morning. It started off with a wonderful Christmas Eve at my folks where we enjoyed our "Mexican Fiesta" (not very traditional I know...but sooooooooooo YUMMY) followed by the Christmas program staring the greatest cast you'll ever see....the grand kids!
Then it was time to head home so we could share "our family" tradition of opening our "Christmas Eve" gift...bet you can guess what that was...Yep, new PJ's!! A must for Christmas morning (some years they're Christmas jams but not this year) Now off to bed now so SANTA can come!!
Christmas morning greeted us with.... A new bed spread for Nicole
A cool new scooter for Gunner
A darling bike for Courtney
A "Gotta Go" doll for Bridget
And colorful play gym for Brody to lay and look at but- he preferred the "free" teddy bear we got from Aeropostale. Don't tell him- he didn't know it was free!!
Among all the wonderful gifts we receive each year, the greatest is the Light of Christ is our lives and the spirit that comes with knowing and understanding the sacrifice's he made in our behalf. How wonderful it is to celebrate his life and to reflect back on that sacred night when he was born. My hope is that I will take time to acknowledge my blessings and honor him everyday and not just during the Christmas season. How blessed my life is because of all he has given me.
It is time now for us to say goodbye to 2008 which brought many great blessings. We welcomed a healthy new baby, junior high, the school orchestra and new friends this year. And although it means I am growing older, I anxiously await what the new year holds for me and my family. I know we will face challenges in the year to come, but along side challenges come great blessings. Usually the greatest blessing of all is drawing closer to our Heavenly Father and Savior through adversity.
With that I say farewell 2008 and hello 2009!!!!
3 comments:
nicely done! Will you be a guest writer on mine?
Cute Christmas pictures! We are glad that tumbling has started again -- so Courtney can play with Courtney!
julie, how are you? i hope you're feeling better. Wish i could have seen ya over the break, but i guess that just means we'll have to come down there this summer . (plus i'm sure you enjoyed your much needed break.)
It sure was fun seeing those kids. I already miss them. Tell Bridget i miss her squeaky cute voice.
love you seven willys!
Post a Comment