Can I tell you how much I love the orange season... nice big juicy orange's straight from the tree...really there's nothing better!
I grew up with a backyard full of citrus trees, orange, grapefruit, and tangerine!! My two best friends (Jenni and Michelle Burnham) and I, spent hours in the back yard climbing trees and eating tangerine after tangerine! Vitamin C supplement...what's that...we had the real stuff - can't beat that!
Now it's my children who enjoy playing outside for hours on end during the winter months smelling of oranges at the end of the day...I LOVE IT!!
Of all my children, Courtney seems to enjoy them the most. Everyday when she gets off the bus she picks an orange, peels and eats it on her way home!! So Friday when she came home holding her orange I asked if I could take her picture.
She asked why and I told her..."because as mommies get old they forget things and I never want to forget that you loved oranges and how cute you are with orange finger nails from peeling it all by yourself!"
With that she kindly obliged....
No comments:
Post a Comment